This job posting is no longer active on RIjobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
ConfidentialLocation: Providence, RI 02896 Document ID: A8023-23PB Posted on: 2014-01-1501/15/2014 Job Type: Regular
Will not pay relocation expenses
Talent Management Representative
Talent Management Representative
The hiring company is a leading Supply Chain Management service provider, operating in a dynamic, global environment. Speed to execution, agility & flexibility and leadership to carryout the company’s Strategic Plan are critical elements for success. Headquartered in Northern Rhode Island, the company has a full time open position reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer. The Talent Management Representative provides a variety of talent management services as well as consultation on the most effective alignment of talent management functions with the corporate strategic goals and objectives. Management relies on this position to help them maintain regulatory compliance and apply the principles of attracting, developing, managing, and retaining a high quality and diverse workforce.
- Attract – Identifies and builds talent pools of candidates with relevant or transferable skills, qualifications and experience. Creatively uses on-line search technology in addition to traditional sourcing processes to find the best-fit teams and candidates for projects and vacancies. Collaborates with leaders and team members to prepare and classify position descriptions to appropriately reflect the position responsibilities and the organizational structure. Determines the appropriate pay system, occupational grouping, title, and pay level of positions. Profiles key current and future competencies to identify skill gaps and optimize the workforce.
- Develop — Creates needs-based recommendations for training and development measures that drive the corporate learning management process. Applies concepts, principles, and practices to plan, evaluate, and administer training, update team member skills, organizational development, and career development initiatives. Identifies skill gaps and coordinates with senior leaders to plan for promotions, internal mobility and business growth. Integrates these processes within the Talent Management information systems.
- Motivate — Implements element of strategic planning and enhances leadership and vision with a comprehensive overview of all organizational talent. Integrates talent management strategies and systems to achieve the overall mission, strategies, and success of the business while meeting the needs of team members and company stakeholders. Applies knowledge of talent management concepts, principles, and practices related to retirement, insurance, injury compensation, and employee benefits programs to include pay and leave administration and compensation flexibilities.
- Retain — Integrates innovative talent management practices into unified solutions to business problems. Maintains the latest insights on key talent management practice areas related to performance management, work and organization design, succession management, mentoring and coaching, special and incentive programs, and guidelines for team member conduct. Also integrates these practice areas into integrated solutions that match business requirements.
The Talent Management Representative must perform the following actions associated with the competencies shown above with minimal assistance.
- Focus is on broad organizational and professional issues;
- Provides practical and relevant ideas and perspectives on process or practice improvements which may easily be implemented;
- Coaches others in the application of these competencies by translating complex nuances into easy to understand terms;
- Participates in discussions with managers regarding talent management topics;
- Assists in the development of talent management reference and resource materials.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Requires a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent, prefer a bachelor degree or its equivalent. Must have at least five years progressively responsible job-related experience in talent management; or any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.