This job posting is no longer active on RIjobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your RIjobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Boys TownLocation: Providence , RI 02903 Document ID: AB373-3EB3 Posted on: 2017-09-2009/20/2017 Job Type: Regular
Part Time Child Care Assistant
Part Time Child Care Assistant
Job ID 4910087
TITLE: Part Time Child Care Assistant
CLOSING DATE: 8/13/2017 or until filled
OVERVIEW OF BOYS TOWN
Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s Youth?
Boys Town New England is changing the way America cares for children, families and communities by providing and promoting an Integrated Continuum of Care that instills Boys Town values to strengthen body, mind and spirit.
Our mission is centered on creating an environment for children that includes trust, discipline, emotional support and respect. We believe that all children and youth have the potential to become bright, productive, adjusted, loving people.
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. Join our Town today and help us shape the future of America!
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The Child Care Assistant maintains a safe, pleasant, play environment for the children of parents attending an instructor led parenting class. Monitors children's behavior to ensure a pleasant and safe environment. Explains childcare rules to parents and children. Records attendance and requires parents to sign children in and out of the child care area. Monitors toys and play area for cleanliness and safety. Leads the children in various creative activities and projects.
This position will be for approximately 3 hours per class. There are anywhere from 1-3 classes being held on a weekly basis. Classes can be held in the morning or afternoon/evening time frame.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
• High school diploma or equivalent; formal education in child development area and knowledge of discipline methods that work best for children is preferred.
• Previous experience caring for children is preferred.
• Ability to speak clearly and maintain positive communication with parents and families.
• Ability to be flexible to accommodate needs of families within the limits of the play area.
• Ability to think in a clear and reasonable manner to resolve problems in an emergency.
• Ability to control a child who may be out of control or know who to call for help.
• Ability to prepare art materials for children.
• Must have the physical dexterity and strength to lift children, guide children who are out of control, and move play area objects.
• Ability to use specific knowledge of child development related to separation issues, play, social interactions and stress in new social settings in order to make the play area a fun and comfortable place for children.
• Ability to use current behavior management techniques with children including the use of positive reinforcement and time out.
• Ability to work independently in the play area.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.