This job posting is no longer active on RIjobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Portsmouth Abbey SchoolLocation: Portsmoth, RI 02871 Document ID: AD446-005T Posted on: 2019-11-1511/15/2019 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: Not Specified2019-12-15
This is a full time, 40-hour per week position with benefits.
This position is for a male to primarily to clean a BOYS dormitory and campus trash pick up every morning. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Vacuuming and cleaning all flooring surfaces.
- Cleaning all glass.
- During the winter you would be responsible to keep the building paths (shoveling) and steps to the building clear of all ice and snow at all times.
- Some heavy lifting
- You will also be required to take specific training in the following areas such as: Asbestos Awareness, Blood Pathogen, Right to Know, Lead Safe Certified and Mold certification, etc
Housekeeping Work: - You may also be required to do the following services, some during the off-season only. This would include, but is not limited to:
- General cleaning of the buildings, dusting, vacuuming, washing floors, walls, furniture, showers, cleaning rugs, carpets, emptying trash and trash containers.
- Making and changing beds, handling linen and supplies and all the other cleaning tasks in order to keep the buildings clean and neat inside and outside. (outside work would include, but is not limited to, sweeping entry ways, exterior windows, etc)
Maintenance Work - This type of work could be required during down times and the off-season. It includes, but is not limited to:
- Heavy lifting
- Snow removal.
- Stripping and waxing floors.
- Operating, but not limited to the following machinery: automatic scrubbers, burnishing, extractors, hand tools, paint sprayer, etc.
- Painting, scraping, climbing ladders are common as well the tasks associated with light maintenance work.
Please provide references.
Please apply by clicking on the apply button below