Looking Upwards, Inc.Location: Middletown, RI 02842 Document ID: AB316-5JRX Posted on: 2017-08-2508/25/2017 Job Type: Regular
DIRECT CARE STAFF
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE FOR DIRECT CARE STAFF
NO EXPERIENCE NECSSARY! WE PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY TRAINING TO THE RIGHT CANDIDATES!!
Sometimes a disability can feel like a barrier blocking the path to dreams. Founded in 1978, Looking Upwards is a private, nonprofit agency offering a wide array of services to adults with developmental disabilities with special healthcare needs. Our programs have one overall goal, to support people in leading rich and satisfying lives. With the resources of our caring team of professionals, we assist the person in realizing dreams such as success at school, gratifying work, enjoyment of relationships and participation in the wider community.
Candidates should possess excellent communication and active listening skills, upbeat personality, easily able to motivate individuals supported in every aspect of their lives. Other responsibilities will also include providing direct support to individuals with developmental & mental health disabilities fostering independence through active participation, medication administration, the ability to lift, bend and transfer, if/when necessary, provide personal care/hygiene support when necessary. In some cases, behavioral intervention may be necessary.
Full time, part time & on-call shifts available. These positions are located in Newport, Middletown, Portsmouth, Tiverton, Bristol, Warren, West Greenwich, Smithfield, Jamestown, West Warwick, Westerly, Hopkinton, Wakefield, Richmond, West Kingston & Wyoming. Flexibility for scheduling purposes a must. Starting rate is $11.12 per hour.
Opportunities for advancement!
Employee Benefits - We offer a competitive benefit package for full-time employees, including:
- Healthcare and dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Extended sick time
- Holiday pay
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account (healthcare & dependent care)
- Employee Referral Incentives
- Employee wellness initiatives
Minimum requirements for employment eligibility include:
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license with at least 3 years driving experience with less than 3 moving violations
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be free from convictions of child abuse, felony, physical or sexual assault, past employment history of abuse, mistreatment, neglect and any other conduct deemed disqualifying by Looking Upwards
To learn more or to apply online please visit, www.lookingupwards.org
|More Jobs from Looking Upwards, Inc.|