This job posting is no longer active on RIjobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your RIjobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Rhode Island Dept of CorrectionsLocation: Cranston, RI 02920 Document ID: A7344-11CL Posted on: 2013-09-0509/05/2013 Job Type: Regular
The Rhode Island Department of Corrections
is seeking applicants for a challenging and rewarding career as a:
A Correctional Officer is responsible for the supervision, custody and control of adult inmates incarcerated at the Adult Correctional Institutions in Cranston, Rhode Island.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a valid photo identification card
- Must possess a valid social security card or right-to-work documentation
- Must be fluent in English
- Must pass a comprehensive screening process including a written and video-based examination, a nationwide criminal records check, a physical fitness test, a background investigation, Director’s interview board, a psychological assessment and medical screening
- Must successfully complete a nine-week, non-residential pre-service Training Academy during which time Correctional Officer Trainees will receive a training stipend of $500 per week without benefits. Successful completion of the pre-service training program is required to obtain permanent status as a Correctional Officer.
Benefits Include (Upon appointment as a Correctional Officer):
- Starting annual salary of $45,506
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Pension plan
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Paid holidays
- Sick leave benefit
- College incentive pay
- Step pay increases
- Clothing maintenance allowance
- Opportunities for career advancement
APPLICATION PERIOD: September 5th – September 24th, 2013
OPTIONAL INFORMATION SESSIONS
For more information call (401) 462-JOBS / RI Relay Service 711
or APPLY ON-
The RIDOC is an Equal Opportunity/Diversity Employer.
Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Rhode Island residency is not required.