This job posting is no longer active on RIjobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Hospice of Southern MaineLocation: Scarborough, ME 04074 Document ID: AB215-6K5R Posted on: 2017-06-0206/02/2017 Job Type: Regular
Clinical Services Director
Hospice of Southern Maine, a healthcare organization where every aspect of the care experience is considered, is searching for superstar clinical talent to join our team.
Superstar = people who aspire to provide the highest quality experience to all and love learning as well as teaching. Our cultural environment is a balance of purposeful work providing extraordinary value that challenges you to reach your champion status.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Clinical Services Director is responsible for leading and managing a comprehensive array of services and programs and ensuring clinical competence and accountability. S/he will review on an ongoing basis services being offered and develop new programs as needs emerge and growth demands. S/he will be responsible for all activities pertaining to clinical functions, clinical quality and compliance, bereavement services and clinical direct marketing efforts including serving as the education liaison. This position will inform the CEO of all program issues and accomplishments and will provide summary reporting to the Board of Directors.
The Clinical Services Director will partner with the leadership and management team and will also be responsible for program planning, organizing, operating, and staffing within the specific areas s/he supervises. S/he is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the program aspects of the annual budget in conjunction with the Finance & IS Director and CEO and responsible for ongoing financial and expense management. S/he is responsible for ensuring that all services are in compliance with all federal, state, and funding, regulations, certifications, and licensing requirements.
Education: Nursing degree and Bachelor’s degree in health care administration or related field. Master’s degree in health care administration, business or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of senior level management experience required. 3 years of Hospice experience preferred. Proven track record of successful clinical and business management of health service organizations required along with supervising seasoned staff and operating multiple programs across an organization.
A combination of equivalent education and experience may be considered.
License/Certification: Active APRN-CNP and/or Registered Nurse License in the State of Maine. Certification in Hospice and Palliative Care required, if not certified, certification must be secured within two years. Valid driver’s license with a vehicle that is insured in accordance with state and/or agency requirements and is in good working order.
Characteristics and skills: Superior ability to build relationships both internal and external to the organization with the ability to develop an organization-wide strategy for program excellence. Partners with the CEO in engaging community members and maintaining positive relationships and communication pathways with the Board of Directors. Possesses: Superior oral and written communication skills, excellent strategic planning abilities, superior team building and employee relations skills and a passion for the work of hospice, excellent public speaking and teaching skills, a history of inspirational leadership and ethics driven decision making, an engaging style of relating that puts people at ease and encourages open communication, proven track record of systems development and integration into work flow, including the ability to point to tangible examples of reporting and program measurement and evaluation, an in-depth understanding of hospice clinical and QAPI functions, statistical analysis skills and the ability to report and communicate complex statistical concepts and clearly relate them to operation outcomes, and skilled with multiple computer software programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attracts, recruits and retains high performers in Clinical and Bereavement Services; provide proven staff retention strategies.
- Oversees and provides leadership and mentoring, management and vision necessary to ensure that the Clinical and Bereavement Services have the proper operational controls, procedures, and systems in place to meet the needs of a growing organization.
- Provides day-to-day leadership and management of clinical and bereavement operations that mirrors the mission and core values of the organization.
- Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in his/her work and has experience leading others to new levels of effectiveness and programmatic impact.
- Provides effective and inspiring leadership as well as stewardship by being actively involved in all programs and services.
- Implements and leads a continuous quality improvement process throughout the areas supervised, focusing on systems/process improvement.
- Promotes regular and ongoing communication and feedback on program operations.
- Develops strategies and initiatives to help Hospice flourish and grow in a changing health care services environment.
- Supports all quality assurance programs and the maintenance and development of revenue streams to sustain Hospice.
- Responsible for the coordination and delivery of high quality, efficient care for patients and families. Promotes and fosters an interdisciplinary approach to family-focused patient care and strong relationships with community providers.
- Provides an integrated team process for leadership team members in the areas of responsibility.
- Skillfully presents timely information to the Board of Directors and maintains positive relationships with community members and referral sources.
- Partners with the CEO to represent Hospice of Southern Maine with external groups, including but not limited to: community, government, and private organizations.
- Builds an effective and efficient staffing model to enhance the overall organizations objectives.
- Develops short and long term goals and objectives as they correlate to the organizations strategic plan and mission, which includes processes for accomplishments.
- Measures the effectiveness of all internal and external processes as it relates to Clinical and Bereavement Services.
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the Hospice.
- Oversees and coordinates the financial operations in conjunction with the Finance & IS Director.
- Ensures that all program activities in areas supervised operate consistently and ethically within the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Reviews, negotiates and approves contracts within scope of position with the CEO and Finance & IS Director.
- Participates collaboratively with the senior leadership team.
- Leads and coordinates the research, planning, design, implementation and evaluation of projects and organizational change efforts.
Other Job Functions:
The following is a list of responsibilities of this position, but is not intended to cover all duties that this position may be required to perform from time to time.
- Shares expertise with others through inservice and collaboration.
- .Works with diverse social and economic situations without imposing own values; maintains appropriate professional boundaries.
- Demonstrates understanding of hospice philosophy.
- Demonstrates understanding of team approach and communication.
- Contributes to positive atmosphere; demonstrates positive interactions with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates ability to lead and be a productive member of a high performing team.
- Provides timely and appropriate response to internal and external customer needs.
- Participates in meetings and quality assurance and program improvement activities as required and necessary.
- Offers suggestions to improve policies, procedures, and services in appropriate manner and time.
- Demonstrates knowledge and support of agency’s safety and OSHA policies. Demonstrates use of safety judgment on a case-by-case basis. Utilizes proper body mechanics and safe working techniques and reports unsafe environments/practices to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates understanding of, and acts in accordance with, HIPAA regulations, corporate compliance, code of conduct and related agency policies.
- Acts in a manner consistent with the Code of Conduct outlined in the Agency’s Corporate Compliance Program.
- Demonstrates understanding and compliance with agency policies, including but not limited to, documentation, continuing education, attendance/work schedules and required HR documentation, State and Federal policies and procedures, laws and regulations.
- Attends agency functions as needed outside of normal office hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
- Proven track record regarding certification/accreditation processes and requirements whether mandated or voluntary in nature.
- Proven ability to establish, and successfully achieve a strategic vision.
- Proven track record with physician relation models
- Track record of developing and managing a high performing team.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to facilitate appropriate direction and supervision.
- Productive history developing and managing financial and operational goals and objectives, which includes clear understanding of budgetary issues and productivity standards.
- Success developing and implementing program infrastructure and standards.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable dealing with conflict and staff challenges.
- Self confident and driven with an ability to establish direction and work with minimal guidance and support.
- Ability to be at ease presenting and communicating to and with various audiences (small and large venues).
Flexible and able to manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Experience and success working productively with and leveraging a Board of Directors.
14. Sophistication using a wide array of software applications
Please apply below